Little Green Men SoupFrançoise Nicol
Ingredients for 1 child:
-1 large zucchini of 500 g
-1/2 cube of chicken broth or 1 gold cube
- 2 P’tit Louis cheeses
-Salt and pepper
1. Peel the zucchini and cut it into rings.
2. Put them in a saucepan, cover with cold water to the height and add the bouillon cube. Cook for 5 minutes from the boil.
3. Drain the zucchini rings, keeping their cooking broth.
4. Mix them very finely in your babycook with 1 cheese. Add a little broth depending on the desired consistency. Salt and pepper if necessary.
5. Serve hot while placing the other cheese in the center.
Malignant idea: A soup recipe that is full of vitamins, to be used with other green vegetables. These little cheeses in the shape of a flying saucer are perfect and will soften the soup. You can plant an alien in the center, your children will be amazed!
See also our recipes for small pots
Chef Louis' pastaFrançoise Nicol
Ingredients for 1 child:
-80 g of spaghetti or linguine
-A little coarse salt
-5 mini green asparagus
-10 gourmet peas
-1 handful of fresh or frozen peas (not canned)
-10 small zucchini rings
- Olive oil
- 1 handful of red and yellow cherry tomatoes
-Some parmesan shavings
-Salt and pepper
1. Cook the pasta with a little coarse salt according to the time indicated on the package.
2. Meanwhile, remove half of the tail of the mini asparagus. Cut the tips in half in their thickness.
3. In your babycook, cook the green vegetables all together for 2 minutes with steam (they must remain crunchy). Then put them in the pan for 2 minutes in a little olive oil.
4. Cut the tomatoes in half.
5. Mix the pasta with all the vegetables, add a small drizzle of olive oil and garnish with parmesan shavings. Salt and pepper according to your taste.
Malignant idea: A simple recipe to vary depending on what you have in your closet or fridge. Little advice for mom in a hurry: do not hesitate to use frozen vegetables already cut: a handful of each and voila.
For the salad version, prefer multicolored fusilli and add a few basil leaves and a little feta: this colorful salad appeals to children very much.
Eskimos showFrançoise Nicol
Ingredients for 2 classic size Eskimos:
-100g of fresh fruit of your choice (raspberry, mango, kiwi…)
-1/2 jar of Fjord or Pearl milk
-3 to 4 tsp. to s. sweetened condensed milk (to be determined according to the sugar content of your fruit)
-1 original ice cream mold with wooden sticks or 2 classic Eskimo molds
1. Weigh the chosen fruit. Mix it finely in your babycook with yogurt and condensed milk.
2. Pour this fruit puree into the mold of your choice and put in the freezer for 10 minutes. Then stick the sticks in the mold cavities and put everything back in the freezer for at least 2 hours.
Malignant idea: A very simple recipe, which is based above all on the presentation: ice cube molds, mini baking molds or babycook multi-portions ... divert the containers you have at home.
The condensed milk brings a lot of softness to these Eskimos but can mask the taste of the fruits: the idea is to adjust the amount of condensed milk according to the sugar content of the fruits.
Strawberry spiralsFrançoise Nicol
Ingredients for 1 rolled cake:
For the dough:
- 3 eggs
- 100 g caster sugar
- 100g of flour
- 2 tsp. to c. baking powder
-1 pinch of salt
-A little icing sugar
For garnish :
- 250 g strawberries
- 80 g of crystal sugar
1. Weigh all the ingredients. Separate the egg whites from the yolks. Pour the yolks and powdered sugar into your babycook and mix until the mixture turns white. Add the flour and baking powder and mix again.
2. Beat the egg whites until stiff with the pinch of salt. Gently add them to the previous mixture.
3. Line a baking sheet with parchment paper. Spread the dough on top in a regular layer, about 1 cm high.
4. Bake for 8 to 10 minutes in the oven at 170 ° C (th. 5-6).
5.Meanwhile, in a saucepan, cook the strawberries with the crystal sugar for about 10 minutes over low heat, until it looks like the beginning of a jam and the fruit juice has evaporated.
6. When the cookie is baked, unmold it on a clean damp cloth. Carefully peel off the parchment paper and spread the strawberry compote over the cookie. Roll it on itself, cut each end to have clear edges and wrap it tightly in cling film. Put in the fridge.
7. When ready to serve, sprinkle the cake with icing sugar using a colander.
Malignant idea: a practical snack to slip into the satchel with a small compote stored in the babypote. To keep the egg whites firm, use whites that are at room temperature. Another tip: to remove the parchment paper easily and not to damage your beautiful cake, pass a rolling pin over it before peeling off the paper.
See also our baby birthday cake recipes
The alternative to BabycookDR
While it takes around 100 euros to acquire the famous Beaba Babycook, other brands offer the same type of product but at a more affordable price.
The Badabulle Baby Station allows you to cook fresh and frozen products thanks to its steam bell and its double-function bowl, mixer and cooker. The elements (without bisphenol A) go into the dishwasher, which saves time. Its main asset? Its price since it costs 75 euros and is sold in supermarkets.
Dozens of recipe ideasDR
The recipes we have presented to you are from the Kid cook book. This book contains 25 recipes to make babies love fruits and vegetables and encourage a balanced diet from an early age.
KID COOK BOOK RELEASED IN MARCH 2010 AT CULINARY EDITIONS, AUTHOR AND STYLIST ARE VIRGINIE MICHELIN AND PHOTOGRAPHER FRANCOISE NICOL. AVAILABLE IN BOOKSHOP AT THE PRICE OF € 9.90.
Buy the Kid cook Book