For an express Halloween snack or dessert, these delicious (and terrifying) Pink Lady apple tarts are prepared. Dressed like little monsters (or hollowed out pumpkins), these little pies will delight young and old alike. Accompany them with homemade treats, or a good horror cocktail, and you're ready for the Day of the Dead.
Ingredients for 4 persons :
5 Pink Lady apples
3 shortbread doughs
1 tsp. 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
1 tsp. ground cinnamon
1 tsp. grated nutmeg
15 g butter for the mold
You will also need 4 tart pans.
1. Preheat your oven to 180 ° C.
2. Peel the apples and cut them into small cubes. Cook them with half a glass of water and covered for 20 min. Add the 3 spices and continue cooking for 5 minutes.
3. While cooking, butter the tart molds. Cut two discs in the shortbread dough for each mold and start by putting a disc at the bottom of each mold.
4. When the compote is ready, fill the molds with it. Let cool a little while drawing a face on each of the discs that will close the pie.
5. Draw Halloween faces with a small knife.
6. To seal the two doughs well, pass a brush or just your finger soaked in water around each round tart pan at the dough level. Then place the second disc of dough on top. Press well and cut again with a pair of scissors around, to even out.
7. Bake for 25 minutes, monitoring the color of the dough.
8. Ideally, these little pies can be eaten warm with a scoop of vanilla ice cream!
Read also :
⋙ Halloween tutorial: how to decorate a haunted house cake
⋙ Halloween Cupcakes by Monsukré
⋙ A spider cake for Halloween, easy and fast