- Dislodge small impuritiesTo have pretty nails, it must first be perfectly clean. For this, a few tips can remove any stuck dust. We can forget the files and other small metal accessories to dislodge the dirt under the nails: just take a small brush, why not a toothbrush, with water and baking soda and rub gently. Instead of baking soda, soap will also do the trick.
- Use white vinegarThe nails are made of the same material as the hair, keratin fiber. To make them more shiny, like for hair, you can dip them in a small bowl filled with white vinegar.
- Take care of your cuticlesFor flawless nails, care must be taken of the cuticles, these small skins that come off and that are sometimes painful. For this, it is a hydration that will come to an end with, each evening, a small massage of the nail contour with a special hand cream.
- Make a homemade recipeMix half a potato, 2 cabbage leaves and 2 or 3 tablespoons of oatmeal, apply everything on the nails and leave for a few minutes.
- Massage your nails with vegetable oilHow to have very white nails? The first step is to make them resistant, very solid. No more transparent and soft nails: olive oil or sweet almond oil in massage will restore their strength and protect them from external aggressions. Two birds with one stone: for cuticle problems, it also helps soften them and make them disappear.
- Blanch them with a lemonLemon is an unparalleled beauty ally. By rubbing it on the nails, it makes them become shinier and stronger.
- Fortify them with hydrogen peroxideImmerse your fingers for 10 minutes each week in lukewarm water mixed with hydrogen peroxide. Your nails will be stronger and whiter.
- Consume yeastIt is in the form of food supplements, tablets or in flakes. Perform one or two 2-month treatments each year to strengthen and enhance your nails.
- Make a revitalizing bathMix olive oil and a few drops of lavender or ylang-ylang essential oil. Let your nails soak in this mixture for a few minutes to make them less brittle. Each week, immerse your fingers in warm salt water for 10 minutes: this small bath will make them resistant.
- Adopt the right technique for filing your nailsIf yours are brittle and tend to split, it is better to start from the outer edges and go towards the center, always filing in the same direction to avoid weakening the keratin even more.
We explain to you how to take care of your skin at night.
Discover even more tips for taking care of your nails in the video below: