We each consume 150 liters of water per day, three times more than 30 years ago, for an average annual budget of € 454 per household (€ 3.78 / m3). A few gestures are enough to reduce the addition. Here are 5 ideas to save smart:
- Equip your taps accessories - showers, flow reducers - to save up to 50 m3 per year. Savings made: € 190 / year.
- Limit the shower at 5 minutes, or 80 liters, and prefer it to the bath (150 to 200 liters). Savings made: € 166 / year.
- Repair leaks. A dripping tap loses 5 liters per hour, or 43 m3 / year. Savings made: € 163 / year.
- Turn off the water to shave, wash hands, teeth, do the dishes. With 5 minutes of daily effort, we save 22 m3 per year. Savings made: € 83 / year.
- Fill the dishwasher and washing machine thoroughly, and opt when they are renewed for “economical” models. Average result: 30 liters saved per day. Savings made: € 41 / year.
Read also Linky, ERDF's smart meter, coming soon